The main role of our EFL Teachers is teaching English to international students aged 10 to 17 for our Junior Centres
and aged 16+ at our Adult Schoool at a variety of language levels. It is important that our Teachers engage with the students and make sure that the students, in turn, engage with all
aspects of the programme: classes, activities and excursions.
We are currently recruiting qualified EFL Teachers for our summer schools in June, July and August 2023. As a CELTA Training School our
dedicated Academic Managers provide ongoing support for newly qualified teachers.
• Ability to provide clear and well-ordered instructions to language learners of all
• Efficient at planning and adapting lessons according to syllabus and students’ needs and pace of learning
• Clear, logical and well-ordered approach to teacher administration and record keeping
• You will familiarise yourself with, understand, and adhere to Concorde International’s Child Protection Policy. This will be made
available to you during your on-site induction.
• ID badges will be worn at all times.
• You will follow the advice given to you concerning Health and Safety regulations in order to safeguard students, colleagues and
visitors to the site.
• You will perform your duties in a professional manner and dress appropriately for your position. You will also maintain a high
standard of behaviour, setting an example of sobriety, and treating all students fairly, with due attention to propriety. It is a fundamental principle of Concorde Intl. that students learn best in a
relaxed, friendly and participatory environment, and you will promote this atmosphere both inside and outside the classroom.
• Summer centres are very busy places and there may be duties to perform in addition to those detailed above. Flexibility and common
sense are fundamental attributes for this position.
Duties at Residential Centres
• All staff on Teacher Plus Activities contracts can be allocated to residential duties to include meal time and break time
• There will be a rota in the centre each week, available at the induction.
• Teachers provided with accommodation are reminded that the main purpose of employing residential staff is to provide security and
welfare for our residential students.
• Residential staff are expected to work six units of activities and/or excursions per week, some of which will include residential
duties - assisting with getting the students up in the mornings, making sure they are in bed in the evenings and supervising quiet times. At some centres we will also require some help with laundry.
This will be done on a rota and everyone will be expected to take turns.
Concorde International is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, marital status,
disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion in the allocation of duties between employees employed at any level with comparable job
If you are applying from outside of the UK, please note that Concorde International is unable to assist in any way with work permits or
As part of our Safer Recruitment policy all applicants need to provide a full employment history (explaining any gaps) and minimum two
referees whom we will contact directly. Each applicant will also undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check which will identify any recent and historic criminal records, police
cautions (even if deemed as 'spent') and this will be taken in to consideration for our final decision on suitability for recruitment. We will process your DBS through our external providers, Civil